Review of international students post study work visa rights. Under the proposed changes, the post study employer assisted work visa will be abolished altogether and post study open work visas of different durations will be introduced.
Our Auckland based client urgently needs a suitably qualified Senior Hair Stylist. Our client offers competitive pay rates, great incentives, bonuses and flexible hours.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum 3 years experience in hairstyling.
- Excellent cutting skills.
- Fantastic customer service and communication skills.
- City & Guild qualification in hairdressing and barbering would be preferred.
- Self starter, honest and reliable.
- Able to relocate to Auckland, New Zealand.
Our client requires this position to be filled on urgent basis, therefore, the right candidate will be offered this job immediately. To express your interest please send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. To discuss your suitability for this role please call our office during work hours on +64 4 499 3776.
A number of vacancies are available for qualified Heavy Diesel Mechanics. Those who are selected for the job will be placed with our clients who are based across New Zealand.
The successful candidate should have following attributes:
- Trade qualification in Diesel mechanics/ automotive engineering.
- 5+ experience in the repair and maintenance of very diesel engines.
- Full class one licence.
- Experience in the maintenance of forklifts, loaders and trucks and be prepared to take responsibility for mechanical maintenance.
Our clients require these positions to be filled as soon as possible, therefore, right candidates will be offered job immediately. To express your interest please send your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com. To discuss your suitability for this role please call our office during working hours on +64 4 499 3776.
An exciting opportunity exists for a qualified Software Developer to work on a fixed term project to develop a customised Enterprise level software. The ideal candidate must have advanced skills and expertise in both front end and back end coding. Previous experience in CRM development would be preferred. Successful candidate must have an advanced level of expertise in the following areas:
- PHP for server-side scripting language.
- Content management system such as Alfresco and eXo.
- Google Web Toolkit.
- MySQL to develop relationship database management system
- Data Encryption and SSL
- Skills in GUI, UI/UX, Responsive Design, Web Server Stress Testing, Web Security Analysis and Testing, Project Management, Advanced Customised Admin Panel and Database Integration with Web Applications.
The above project is expected to take between two to three months. To express your interest please send your resume with a cover letter clearly explaining how you meet the above competencies to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide portfolio of their previous related work.
Our Wellington based client urgently needs a suitably qualified Metal Fabricator (Welder) with significant experience (3 to 5 years) in cutting, shaping, joining and repairing metal components of iron and steel structures.
The ideal candidate will should be able to perform following activities:
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job requirements
- selecting, cleaning and preparing metal stock
- cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame cutting torches and metal cutting machines
- shaping and bending metal sections and pipes using hand and machine tools, and by heating and hammering
- aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments
- joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting and riveting
- examining welds for width of bead, penetration and precision
- finishing products by cleaning, polishing, filing and bathing in acidic solutions
- cleaning and smoothing welds by filing, chiselling and grinding
Our client requires this position to be urgently filled therefore the right candidate will be offered this job immediately. To express your interest please send your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com. To discuss your suitability for this role please call Ms Kim Hoi on +64 4 499 3776.
Our Wellington based client, a restaurant, urgently needs a suitably qualified chef with significant experience in the preparation of Malaysian food. The candidate should have a minimum 5 years in the Malaysian/Asian cuisine.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate following competencies:
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Ability to work under pressure under high paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on customer needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Appropriate and relevant experience as a Chef.
- Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship
- Food Handling certificate
- Knowledge of food cost control
- Experience working all kitchen stations
Our client requires this position be urgently filled therefore the right candidate will be offered this job immediately. To express your interest please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. To discuss your suitability for this role please call Ms Kim Hoi on +64 4 499 3776.
Welcome to the country of open spaces, open hearts and open minds.
We are excited to announce our working relationship with Grow Wellington - a semi-government agency with an objective to attract investment into the Wellington Region. Success Global will closely work with Grow Wellington to identity potential investment opportunities for its clients who are interested in investing in either current businesses or setting up new businesses under various business migration categories in Wellington. Grow Wellington is staffed with highly experienced business and investment consultants who have significant business experience as well as experience working for government departments such as Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. We are very exciting about our future relationship with Grow Wellington and strongly believe it will add great value to our clients’ business investment decisions.
You can read more about Grow Wellington at www.growwellington.co.nz.
Immigration New Zealand has joined eMedical, an online immigration health processing system developed by Australia’s Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) and Citizenship and Immigration Canada. eMedical will replace INZ’s existing paper-based medical certificates, and will be used by INZ’s panel physicians.
eMedical is used by panel physicians to record results of an applicants’ immigration medical examination. This information is provided to Immigration New Zealand through a secure online channel.
eMedical will save time and costs for Immigration New Zealand and its customers. It provides a secure online channel for a visa applicant’s health information. In most cases, this information will not need manual assessment by immigration officers.
The current paper-based manual process for processing and assessing immigration health information is slow and costly and it’s a significant barrier to achieving timely visa decisions.
What are the benefits of eMedical?
Eliminating paper medical certificates will help Immigration New Zealand cut application processing times, reducing administrative overhead costs and client follow-up queries.
eMedical will shorten the referral process required when an applicant’s medical certificate must be reviewed by a medical assessor. Requests for additional information will be electronically channelled back through eMedical to the applicant’s panel physician, improving the customer experience by eliminating the current Immigration New Zealand’s “middle man” step.
When will eMedical be introduced?
eMedical is being rolled out in a staged approach from November 24, with the system and new business processes tested on a group of six offshore countries in the first stage. These countries are Cambodia, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates and Vietnam.
eMedical will have a second rollout stage at the end of January 2015 to all offshore eMedical-enabled countries. The final rollout stage will be onshore in New Zealand from the end of March 2015, coinciding with the establishment of Immigration New Zealand’s new onshore panel physician network.
From the end of March 2015, the majority of medicals in support of a visa application will be submitted electronically by Immigration New Zealand’s panel physicians and be triaged, and decided in most cases by the Immigration Health System.
From 23 November 2014, the department will accept English language test scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT) and the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) across the Temporary Graduate, Skilled, Former Resident, and Work and Holiday visa programmes.
Scores from the Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test will also be accepted from a test taken on or after 1 January 2015 (to coincide with the launch of Cambridge English Language Assessment's new reporting system).
These tests are alternatives to the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and the Occupational English Test (OET), and have been accepted in the Student visa programme since 2011.
Student visa applicants can continue to provide scores from the IELTS, OET, TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic or Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) tests.
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment has completed its annual review of two of the Essential Skills in Demand (ESID) Lists – the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) and the Immediate Skill Shortage List (ISSL). The Ministry regularly reviews the ESID lists to ensure that they meet the changing needs of the labour market, and to ensure opportunities for New Zealanders first. Changes will be made to these lists in March 2015.
Long Term Skill Shortage List
The LTSSL identifies occupations that have an absolute (sustained and ongoing) shortage of skilled workers both globally and throughout New Zealand. Migrants who gain employment in one of these occupations may be granted a work visa under the LTSSL Work to Residence or Essential Skills instructions. Migrants applying for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category may gain bonus points towards their application if they have an offer of employment, work experience or qualifications in an area of absolute skill shortage identified on the LTSSL.
The outcomes of the review of the LTSSL are to:
1. retain six occupations which were reviewed:
- General Practitioner
- Physicist (Medical)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency)
- Registered Nurse (Medical)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative)
The qualifications for using the LTSSL for Registered Nurses in Critical Care and Emergency, Medical, and Perioperative will be tightened to require five years relevant work experience (currently three years) to ensure that migrants are not competing with New Zealand nurse graduates for entry level positions.
2. remove External Auditor
3. remove the following 19 occupations for which there have been very low volumes of work visas over the last five years and for which other immigration options are more suited
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Life Scientist nec (Animal Scientist or Bioinformatics)
- Agricultural Engineer
- Marine Designer
- Agricultural Scientist (Farm Systems Scientist)
- Medical Oncologist
- Biomedical Engineer
- Mining Engineer (excluding Petroleum)
- Biotechnologist (Genetics Scientist)
- Network Analyst
- Cardiac Technician (Clinical Cardiac Physiologist including Perfusionist)
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Educational Psychologist
- Radiation Oncologist
- Intensive Care Specialist
- Social Professional nec (Applied Social Scientist)
- Life Scientist (Regulatory Toxicologist)
- Transport Engineer
- Life Scientist nec (Anatomist or Physiologist (Clinical Respiratory Physiologist Scientist))
4. remove two occupations (Construction Project Manager (Chip sealing, Asphalt or other Technical Manager) (Roading and Infrastructure) and Environmental Research Scientist (Water Quality Analyst)) which have separate over-lapping listings on the LTSSL and are therefore redundant
5. move University Lecturer from the LTSSL to the ISSL.
The Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) is for skilled people who want to live and work in a specified designated area in Australia.
Successful applicants are granted a four year temporary visa to give them time to satisfy the residence and employment criteria for a permanent visa.
Applicants (including secondary applicants) must live, work and study only in a specified regional area of Australia for at least two years.
Further information on the requirements for the Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) is available on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) or call your nearest Success Global office for a confidential chat with our Licensed Immigration Adviser.